by me (Mystyc Cheez)
With help by Slade Krowley
This map is is a re-theming of de_cache.
De_cashalley (project name emone). Hello everybody, this is a map that my associate, Mystyc Cheez, and I have working on for the past year. This project has three objectives.
Objective Number 1: Make a competitively viable version of de_cache in CS 1.6. (The map has been tested by CS 1.6 veterans who have played in CPL, CAL, OGL, XPL, Cevo, and ESEA.)
Objective 2: To use as much as default content as possible. 90% of the map is made out of standard 1.6 content. (Much of that content originated from Barking Dog Studios that made maps such as cs_backalley and de_train.)
Objective 3: Use John Romero’s level design rules when applicable to Counter-Strike. The rules are as follows:
1. Always change floor height when I want to change floor textures.
2. Use special border textures between different wall segments and doorways.
3. Be strict about texture alignment.
4. Conscious use of contrast everywhere in a level between light vs dark areas, and cramped vs. open areas.
5. Make sure if a player can see something outside, they should somehow be able to get there. “This is one that we will not use.”
6. Be strict about designing secret areas on every level.
7. Making levels flow so the player will revisit areas several times to under stand the 3D space of the level (and angles.)
8. Creating easily recognizable landmarks in several places for easier navigation (and potential call outs.)